Specialty: Family Medicine
"I enjoy listening to each patient and catering their care to what works best for them. Every individual is different and will require a unique approach to care. I am dedicated to helping my patients maintain their health by helping them feel their best, regardless of medical history or ongoing health challenges."
- Medical School: University of St. Eustatius School of Medicine, Netherlands Antilles
- Residency: (Family Medicine) DMC Sinai Grace Hospital/ Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Medical Specialties: Preventative Health, Care for Chronic Conditions, Including Diabetes and Hypertension
DMC Hospital Affiliation: DMC Harper University Hospital
Philosophy Of Care
As a family medicine practitioner, Dr. Ahmad Maqboul understands the patient’s perspective and practices in such a way that incorporates the patient by listening to them and their families. He works to devise a care plan that fits each individual patient to achieve the best possible outcome, regardless of medical history or ongoing health challenges.
Originally from Jerusalem, Dr. Maqboul has lived most of his life in Michigan. He completed his Family Medicine residency training locally at DMC Sinai Grace Hospital/ Wayne State University. In addition to chronic care and acute care management, he performs minor in-office procedures. When Dr. Maqboul is not treating his patients, he enjoys spending time with family.
- Annual Checkups and Physical Exams
- Care for Chronic Conditions, such as Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Asthma, and COPD
- Geriatric Services for age-related issues
- Immunizations and Preventative Care, including Pneumonia, Shingles, Flu and Tetanus Vaccines
- Laceration Repair and Minor Procedures
- Lab Tests, such as Urinalysis and Flu Tests
- Pediatric and Adolescent Services including Well Child/Newborn Exams and Sick Visits
- Psychiatric Services including Depression and Anxiety Management
- School, Sports and Camp Physicals
- Skin Care for Acne, Eczema, Warts and other skin problems
- Urgent Care for sudden illnesses, such as Colds, Flu and Infections
- Women’s Health Services, including Gynecologic Exams, Pap Smears, Birth Control, and Menopause and Osteoporosis Treatments
- Young Adult Health Services, including Birth Control, STD Screenings and Vaccinations