“As a practitioner of Internal Medicine with more than three decades of experience, I strive to provide the highest quality care that is based on respect, compassion, honesty, confidence, and trust. I want my patients to feel comfortable knowing that they will be treated with respect and compassion. Through it all, earning a patient’s trust is one of the most important and gratifying aspects of being a physician.”
Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
Internship: (Internal Medicine) DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit, MI
Residency: (Internal Medicine) Providence Hospital, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Medical Specialties: Care for Chronic Conditions, Including Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Clinical Research
Associations: National Medical Association, Wayne County Medical Society, Detroit Medical Society (Vice President)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: DMC Harper University Hospital, DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE:
As a practitioner of Internal Medicine with a strong interest in clinical research, Dr. Anthony Harris prides himself on providing the highest quality care that is based on respect, compassion, honesty, confidence, and trust. He values long-term patient relationships and feels it’s an honor to care for men and women through all stages of their adult lives. Dr. Harris believes that successful, personalized healthcare is the result of careful listening, honest communication and an atmosphere of trust between himself and patients.
A native of Michigan, Dr. Harris was raised in Midtown Detroit and attended Cass Tech High School. Dr. Harris is a graduate of Wayne State University School of Medicine and completed both his internship and residency locally. Dr. Harris has served as the vice president of the Detroit Medical Society and is a two-time recipient of the Patients’ Choice Award which honors physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Harris uses his more than 30 years of diverse knowledge and experience to discuss his patients’ health, and he explains individualized treatment options, along with possible risk factors and benefits, empowering his patients to make informed decisions. Dr. Harris has extensive experience in clinical research including serving as the Senior Clinical Research Principal Investigator for FDA affiliated pharmaceutical entities.
- Annual Checkups and Physical Exams
- Adult Immunizations and Preventative Care, including Pneumonia, Shingles, Flu and Tetanus Vaccines
- Care for Chronic Conditions, such as Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Asthma, and COPD
- Geriatric Services for age-related issues
- Lab Tests, such as Urinalysis and Flu Tests
- Skin Care for Acne, Eczema, Warts and other skin problems
- Urgent Care for sudden illnesses, such as Colds, Flu, and Infections
- Women’s Health Services, including Gynecologic Exams, Birth Control, and Menopause and Osteoporosis Treatments
- Young Adult Health Services, including Birth Control, STD Screenings, and Vaccinations