Certified Physician Assistant
- Masters of Science in Biomedical Sciences: (Physician Assistant Program) The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- Medical Rotations: (Pediatrics) Caring Pediatrics, Dearborn, MI; (Family Medicine) ProMedica Physicians Internal Medicine Family Medicine, Toledo, OH; (OB/Gynecology-Oncology) ProMedica Physicians Gynecology, Toledo, OH; (General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Behavioral Health, Emergency Medicine) University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
Philosophy of Care
Areej Fares’ academic and clinical education, as well as her previous work experience, has built her foundation in the science and art of medicine. Through this journey, she has learned to appreciate, above all else, the interpersonal and collaborative skills necessary to practice medicine. Areej strives to provide exceptional patient care to the medically underserved populations by providing high-quality, cost-effective, and individualized patient healthcare in a variety of diverse settings.
Areej was born and raised in the Metro Detroit area. She received her Bachelors of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Biology at the University of Michigan-Dearborn with High Distinction. She was awarded the Top Student in Psychology, the James B. Angell Scholar award, in recognition of superior scholastic achievement, and University Honors, four years in a row.
As a recent graduate of the University of Toledo’s Physician Assistant Program, Areej was awarded the James Hampton Scholarship, in recognition of her superior scholastic achievement in pathophysiology. While in PA school, she frequently volunteered at both, That Neighborhood Free Health Clinic and the Community Care Medical Clinic in Toledo, Ohio. Both organizations provided free quality healthcare to the uninsured and underserved in the Lucas and Wood Counties of Ohio.
Before graduate school, Areej was grateful enough to work as a full-time medical assistant for seven years. As a MA, she had the opportunity to work in both primary and specialty care, with extensive exposure in internal medicine, cardiology, and neurology.
- Assisting cardiologists, interventional cardiologist and cardiovascular surgeons who subspecialize in diseases of the heart, lungs and blood vessels, managing complex cardiac and vascular issues.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistance (MAPA)
- DMC Harper University Hospital
- DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital