Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist
"As a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, I not only have the privilege of treating pediatric patients but also getting to know their entire family. I strive every day to deliver the highest level of care to every patient and to treat them as if they were a part of my own family."
- Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship and Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Fellowship: (Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery) Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX
Medical Specialties: All areas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery including Clubfoot, Scoliosis, Hip Dysplasia, Fractures, Limb Deformity, Leg Length Inequality
Associations: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS), Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA), American Medical Association (AMA)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Philosophy Of Care
As a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Brittany Hedrick’s focus is on the patient and their families. She believes the best treatment and timing of treatment may not be the same in every circumstance. Her goal is to explain what is going on in a way the families can easily understand. Then, together, they can decide on a plan for treatment.
Dr. Hedrick is originally from Indiana where she attended Butler University followed by medical school at Indiana University in Indianapolis. She went on to complete an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan and felt at home in Michigan over those five years of training. Dr. Hedrick chose to specialize in pediatric orthopaedic surgery because of her desire for helping children. She has served as a substitute teacher, working with high school special education students and as a National Institute for Fitness & Sports volunteer, where she worked weekly with local elementary school children educating them on how to lead healthy, active lifestyles. Helping others and giving back to the community has always been a passion for Dr. Hedrick. This passion was further developed during her medical mission work to impoverished countries such as the Dominican Republic where she provided orthopaedic surgery to the underserved population and throughout the Indian Himalayas where she helped set up medical camps to treat the locals living in each of the areas. She is now excited to return to the great state of Michigan and provide excellent care to the children and young adults. When Dr. Hedrick is not seeing patients, she enjoys running, biking, yoga, gardening, the outdoors, and spending time with her family.
- Clubfeet: Ponseti Casting Method
- Cerebral Palsy: Hip Dysplasia Treatment, Muscle Contractures, Gait Abnormalities
- Foot Deformities
- Hip Dysplasia
- Limb Length Inequalities and Limb Deformity: Guided Growth Treatments
- Scoliosis and Spine Deformities: Casting, Bracing, Fusion, Growing Rods (including Magnetic Growing Rods)
- Trauma: Operative and Non-operative treatment of all types of Fractures, Foot & Ankle including coalition treatment, flatfoot reconstruction