Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist
"As a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, I not only have the privilege of treating pediatric patients but also getting to know their entire family. I strive every day to deliver the highest level of care to every patient and to treat them as if they were a part of my own family."
- Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship and Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Fellowship: (Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery) Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX
Medical Specialties: All areas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery including Clubfoot, Scoliosis, Hip Dysplasia, Fractures, Limb Deformity, Leg Length Inequality
Associations: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS), Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA), American Medical Association (AMA)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Philosophy Of Care
As a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Brittany Hedrick’s focus is on the patient and their families. She believes the best treatment and timing of treatment may not be the same in every circumstance. Her goal is to explain what is going on in a way the families can easily understand. Then, together, they can decide on a plan for treatment.
Dr. Hedrick grew up in Indiana where she attended Butler University. Prior to medical school, Dr. Hedrick worked as a high school substitute teacher, working specifically with special education students. Additionally, she volunteered at the National Institute of Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis, where she educated elementary school children on how to lead healthy, active lifestyles. Dr. Hedrick enrolled in Medical School at Indiana University in Indianapolis, IN and soon fell in love with Orthopaedic Surgery. She then went on to complete an Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the University of Michigan and easily felt at home in Michigan over those 5 years. Helping others and giving back to the community has always been a passion for Dr. Hedrick. During her Orthopaedic residency training, she traveled to underserved populations such as the Dominican Republic where she provided Orthopaedic care. After residency, Dr. Hedrick pursued further Orthopaedic surgical training specializing in Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, Texas. She now returns to the great state of Michigan and is eager to provide excellent care to the children and young adults in southeast Michigan.
- Clubfeet: Ponseti Casting Method
- Cerebral Palsy: Hip Dysplasia Treatment, Muscle Contractures, Gait Abnormalities
- Foot Deformities
- Hip Dysplasia
- Limb Length Inequalities and Limb Deformity: Guided Growth Treatments
- Scoliosis and Spine Deformities: Casting, Bracing, Fusion, Growing Rods (including Magnetic Growing Rods)
- Trauma: Operative and Non-operative treatment of all types of Fractures, Foot & Ankle including coalition treatment, flatfoot reconstruction