- Bachelor of Science: (Summa cum laude) Boston University Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston, MA
- Medical School: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship: (Shoulder and Elbow Surgery) Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Chase B. Ansok’s goal is to provide comprehensive management of all shoulder and elbow conditions, using his expertise to provide patients with the greatest pain relief and function that he possibly can.
Dr. Chase B. Ansok is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with a passion for managing the wide variety of conditions that affect the shoulder and elbow. His treatment plans incorporate the highest levels of evidence-based surgical and non-surgical management, treating patients aged 9 to 90 (and beyond).
Dr. Ansok has been educated around the country, graduating summa cum laude from Boston University before obtaining his medical degree at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. He completed a rigorous orthopedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. There, he championed unique research regarding the role of sleep of dysfunction in patients with rotator cuff injuries and shoulder arthritis and participated in the care of athletes from Detroit Country Day High School, Wayne State University, and the Detroit Pistons.
Dr. Ansok completed an Orthopedic Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, training under some of the world’s foremost experts in the field. His training included novel arthroscopic treatments, complex revision surgery, and management of an enormous breadth of upper extremity injuries. He has contributed techniques and reviews for multiple orthopedic textbooks and is a reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
Outside of the operating room, Dr. Ansok is an ardent support of the Detroit City Football Club and a proud member of the Detroit Curling Club. He also enjoys cycling and can be found riding the trails of Michigan, or you can ride with him on Peloton at @AnsokDMC. He is excited to return to Detroit as part of the DMC Sports Medicine team, providing his expertise and care for the hard-working and vibrant community that Hustles Harder.
- Adhesive capsulitis treatment
- Arthroscopy and minimally invasive procedures
- Arthroscopic revision procedures
- Biceps/triceps tendon repair
- Complex rotator cuff injury
- Complex shoulder instability
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Elbow ligament reconstruction
- Elbow replacement
- Shoulder arthroscopy/biologic joint reconstruction
- Total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement
- Revision shoulder replacement
- Upper extremity tendon transfer
- Upper extremity trauma
- American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Mid-America Orthopedic Association (MAOA)
- Michigan Orthopedic Society (MOS)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: Detroit Medical Center, DMC Orthopedics & Sports Medicine – Heart Hospital