- Medical School: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Internship: (Rehabilitation) Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI
- Residency: (Rehabilitation) Emory University, Atlanta, GA
About the Provider
Philosphy of Care
Dr. Erin McCarty feels that traumatic and neurological injuries are unexpected, life-changing incidents. She believes recovery starts immediately and that rehabilitation should be present to guide that recovery throughout the continuum of care. She is passionate about bringing rehabilitation services to the ICU and facilitating that presence throughout a patient’s recovery.
Dr. McCarty is proud to call Michigan her home; it is where she grew up, received her medical education, and where her family resides. She left Michigan for advanced residency training at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. There she started her career working at Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta’s only level 1 trauma center and world-class stroke center. While at Grady, Dr. McCarty received numerous recognitions, including the “Unsung Hero” award from the PM&R residency program, Employee of the Month from Grady’s Rehab department, and special recognition on Doctor’s Day from Emory School of Medicine. During her time at Grady, she worked to improve the presence of her specialty, starting in the ICU. Dr. McCarty also developed clinics to improve follow-up care and resources for Marcus Neurosciences Clinic’s neurotrauma patients. She is now excited to bring this experience back to her home state of Michigan to improve the rehabilitation care of DMC’s trauma patients. In her spare time, Dr. McCarty enjoys spending time with her husband, Ravi, and dog, Bailey. She also loves traveling and is a devoted athletic fan of her alma mater, The University of Michigan.
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
DMC Hospital Affiliation
Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Inpatient PM&R Consultation
- Botox Injections for Muscle Spasticity
- Joint and Peripheral Injections
- Rehabilitation from Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Peripheral Joint Injections