- Medical School: Al-Mustansiriyah University School of Medicine, Baghdad, Iraq
- Internship: (Internal Medicine) Sinai-Grace Hospital/Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Residency: (Family Medicine) Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
About the Provider:
Philosophy of Care:
Dr. Fatin Sahhar’s passion for family medicine stems in its holistic and preventative approach. She is committed to providing compassionate care and treating every patient with the respect and dignity that they deserve.
Dr. Sahhar was born and raised in Baghdad, Iraq, where she obtained her medical degree and earned her diploma in Pediatrics. She completed her Family Medicine residency in Detroit and currently serves as the Core Faculty and Associate Program Director of the DMC-Sinai Grace Family Medicine program. Dr. Sahhar is strongly committed to helping the people of Detroit, which she considers her second home. She is heavily engaged in teaching medical students,
MPH students, and residents. She oversees various scholarly projects specifically in health disparities and social determinants of health, many of which have been presented at regional and national forums. Dr. Sahhar is an active member of the AAFP, STFM and MAFP, in which she serves in multiple committees.
Outside of work, Dr. Sahhar enjoys spending time with family, traveling, and cooking various cuisines.
- Preventative Health
- Women’s Health
- Child/Adolescent Health & Childhood Trauma
- Urban Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- American Association of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Michigan Association of Family Physicians (MAFP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Society of Teachers in Family Medicine (STFM)
- Chaldean American Association for Health Professionals (CAAHP)
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFFD)
- Southeast Michigan Center for Medical Education (SEMCME)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital