Specialty: Family Medicine
"I knew from a very young age that I would pursue medicine. My desire to give back to the community coupled with my interest in all aspects of medicine led me to become a Family Physician"
- Medical School: Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, WI
- Residency: (Family Medicine) Wayne State University/Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, Rochester, MIl
Medical Specialties: Preventative Health, Care for Chronic Conditions, including Diabetes and Hypertension; Women’s Health including Nexplanon insertion/removal, IUD insertion/removal, Pap Smears; Adult and Adolescent Medicine including Sports Physicals, Cryotherapy, Incision and Drainage, Skin Biopsy, Cerumen Disimpaction; Geriatric Medicine
Associations: American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Medical Association (AMA)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: Detroit Receiving Hospita
Philosophy Of Care
As a family medicine practitioner, Dr. Gypsa Katoch strives to provide up-to-date, compassionate and individualized care to her patients. She is committed to treating her patients holistically and is always looking to collaborate with her patients when it comes to their medical care. She loves all aspects of family medicine but her key interests lie in preventive medicine and women’s health.
Dr. Katoch grew up very close to Detroit in the neighboring city of Windsor, Ontario. She completed her Bachelor of Medical Sciences at the reputable Canadian University, Western, located in London, Ontario. She went on to obtain her medical degree at Ross University School of Medicine. Dr. Katoch has acquired a unique skillset through her diverse clinical experiences that she hopes to share with the city of Detroit. For example, she has worked with patients on the remote island of Dominica in the West Indies, in the bustling city of Miami, followed by Chicago and finally, in the suburbs of Rochester Hills, Michigan.
Dr. Katoch held the honorable position of chief resident while completing her residency at Wayne State University where she also received the best poster award at the Wayne State Family Medicine Research Day in 2019. When Dr. Katoch is not chatting with her patients, she enjoys going to concerts, trying new cuisines, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Annual Checkups and Physical Exams
- Care for Chronic Conditions, such as Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Asthma, and COPD
- Geriatric Services for age-related issues
- Immunizations and Preventative Care, including Pneumonia, Shingles, Flu and Tetanus Vaccines
- Laceration Repair and Minor Procedures
- Lab Tests, such as Urinalysis and Flu Tests
- Pediatric and Adolescent Services including Well Child/Newborn Exams and Sick Visits
- School, Sports and Camp Physicals
- Skin Care for Acne, Eczema, Warts and other skin problems
- Urgent Care for sudden illnesses, such as Colds, Flu and Infections
- Women’s Health Services, including Gynecologic Exams, Pap Smears, Birth Control, and Menopause and Osteoporosis Treatments
- Young Adult Health Services, including Birth Control, STD Screenings and Vaccinations