Specialty: General Surgery
Board Certified: General Surgery
Clinical Interest: Minimally Invasive General Surgery
- Surgical treatment of breast cancer
- Minimally invasive general surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repair
- Colon surgery
- Hiatal hernia repair; Nissen fundoplication
- Partial and total thyroidectomy
- Benign and malignant thyroid disease
- Upper and lower endoscopy (EGD and Colonoscopy)
- Cancer Care
- Breast Cancer Care
- Benign Breast Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Minimally invasive colon surgery
- Surgical management of reflux disease
DMC Huron Valley General Surgery
Huron Valley Sinai Hospital, Commerce Township, MI
Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, MI
Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
Education and Training
- Medical School: Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Residency: General Surgery, Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive General Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, Summa Health, Akron, OH
“Although I am a surgeon, I understand that surgery is not always the best treatment option for each patient.
I believe the better I understand each person, their histories and their motivations for seeking treatment, the better I can educate them about the medical aspects of their condition. My goal is to treat people as I would want myself or my family member to be treated. I believe informed physicians and patients together make the best care decisions.”
Dr. Berbiglia believes in treatment of the whole person and patient education. She believes treating each person with dignity and respect is essential to providing quality care. She also believes that open communication and a multi-disciplinary approach including the patients many care providers allows for enhanced understanding and improved outcomes.
Dr. Berbiglia is a general surgery specialist at Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital and a clinical teaching faculty member at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. She has broad general surgery experience with an emphasis on minimally invasive general surgery, thyroid disease and a comprehensive approach to cancer care. She is a member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. She was awarded HVSH Physician Partner of the Year and Hour Detroit Top Doctor 2018.
Dr. Berbiglia was born and raised in southeast Michigan. When she is not treating patients, she enjoys outdoor activities, travel, and learning about other cultures and languages.