Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Board Certified: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Adolescent and Adult Gynecology, Obstetrical Care, High-Risk Pregnancies,
Pre-Conception Counseling, Fertility Counseling and Infertility
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecology, Member of the American
DMC Hospital Affiliation: Hutzel Women’s Hospital
Practice(s): DMC Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Medical School: University of Zimbabwe School of Medicine, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Internship: (Obstetrics and Gynecology) St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency: (Obstetrics and Gynecology) Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC
Philosophy of Care:
Dr. Lydia Mayida is committed to providing excellent patient care and building strong relationships with her patients. She enjoys treating patients during their times of joy, such as pregnancy, and through any challenges they are faced with regarding their health. As an Obstetrician, Dr. Mayida is honored to celebrate the many birthdays on a day-to-day basis.
Dr. Mayida attended medical school at the University of Zimbabwe. She completed her internship locally at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Mayida has more than 15 years’ experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology. When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Mayida loves reading, watching movies, swimming, playing tennis and traveling. She also enjoys spending time with family, going to church and volunteering in her community.
DMC Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology offers a range of services to women of all ages, including routine screenings and preventive care, obstetric care and family planning, treatment of illnesses or chronic conditions, and specialized gynecological surgeries.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Adolescent and Adult Gynecology
- Contraceptive Counseling
- Family Planning
- Fertility Counseling
- General and High Risk Obstetrical Care
- In-office Ultrasound and Labs
- Menopause Management
- Menstrual Disorders
- Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery
- Pelvic Pain
- Postmenopausal Bleeding
- Pre-Conception Counseling
- Pre-Pregnancy Visits
- Premenstrual Syndrome Management
- STD Screening
I am fully committed to providing excellent patient care without discrimination within the recommended guidelines of my specialty – obstetrics and gynecology.