Specialty: Heart Rhythm Specialist, Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Dr. Mazhar Khan is a cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist specializing in the management of heart rhythm disorders. He has more than a decade of experience in diagnosing and treating a wide range of abnormal heart beats.
Dr. Khan has worked as a Staff Cardiac Electrophysiologist and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Later on, he worked with Wayne State University Physician Group as Staff Cardiac Electrophysiologist and Associate Professor of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine.
A member of the Heart Rhythm Society and Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Dr. Khan is involved in various research activities and has papers in renowned journals. He is fluent in English and Urdu, helping communities across cultural backgrounds.
- Medical School: Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine
- Fellowships: (Cardiology) Penn State Health, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA;
(Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology) Washington Hospital Center, Georgetown University in
Specialties and Services
- Diagnostic testing of cardiac arrhythmias: EKGs, Holter monitors, event recorders, loop recorder implants, head up tilt table studies, and invasive electrophysiologic studies
- Pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators (ICDs), biventricular pacemakers/lCDs
- Comprehensive management of cardiac arrhythmias including medical management and catheter ablations for ventricular tachycardias, supraventricular tachycardias, atrial tachycardias, PVCs, atrial flutters
- Comprehensive management for atrial fibrillation including medical management and catheter ablations
- Watchman device implantation for prevention of thrombo-embolic stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac Device Clinic providing long term follow up and remote monitoring for implantable cardiac devices such as pacemakers, ICDs, BiV/ICDs, loop recorders