- Medical School: The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, Toledo, OH
- Internship: Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo, OH
- Residency: (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship: (Spinal Cord Injury) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
About The Provider
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Michael Bush-Arnold’s approach to medicine is based on listening to his patients. When patients typically see him for the first time, they have experienced a life-altering event that leaves them without the use of their arms, legs, bowel, or bladder. Dr. Bush-Arnold takes time to listen and understand what is impacting them the most and creates a personal plan with his patients to increase their quality of life and daily function. He practices evidence-based medicine and incorporates current medical research into his approach while leaving room for the art of medicine and miraculous intervention.
Dr. Bush-Arnold was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. He first decided to become a doctor at the age of 10 when his first cousin and best friend were diagnosed with Lupus. Seeing the beauty and ugliness of medicine inspired him to lead a life of service in science and medicine. Dr. Bush-Arnold received his medical education at the University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences in Toledo, Ohio. To provide better care for his patients, he took a year off work to receive specialized training in spinal cord injuries at the University of Michigan.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Bush-Arnold loves riding his bike, running – and most importantly – spending quality time with his wife and daughter. Together, they love traveling around the country and, more recently, are venturing to foreign countries. Every fall, you can find him watching college football and every winter/spring watching the NBA.
- Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
- National Medical Association (NMA)
Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries, Spasticity Management, Neurogenic Bladder, Neurogenic Bowel
- General Outpatient Rehabilitation Care
- Rehabilitation from Trauma
- Inpatient rehabilitation for spinal cord injuries, which provide comprehensive care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nursing, case management, and neuropsychology