- Board Certified, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Chief of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Co-Director – Pediatric Aerodigestive Multidisciplinary Program
- Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Internship/Residency: (Otolaryngology) Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore, New York, NY
- Fellowship: (Pediatric Otolaryngology) University of Michigan/Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
General Pediatric Ear Nose and Throat Issues, Sleep Apnea, Trouble Swallowing, Aspiration, Chronic Cough, Breathing Concerns, Children dependent on Tracheostomy or Ventilators, Voice Concerns/Hoarseness, Hearing Loss, Ear Infections, Airway Stenosis/Narrowing, Airway Reconstruction, Neck Masses, Tongue Tie
About The Provider
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Nathan Gonik enjoys working with children and taking care of their ENT issues. He strives to treat his patients as he would his own children. Having children helps him understand and internalize the concerns and struggles of his patients and their parents. When you see him at his office, you will feel the excitement he has in diving deep into ENT complaints and helping find an individualized plan towards resolving them. Dr. Gonik makes sure parents, patients, and families understand the cause and the solution to the problem while involving them in medical decisions. He takes time to get to know each family and looks holistically at the entire family unit to find the best plan forward.
Dr. Gonik graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and attended Medical School at Wayne State University in Detroit. Graduating near the top of his class, he was awarded AOA status. After completing his Otolaryngology/ENT residency in New York, he returned to Michigan to complete his training with a Fellowship at the University of Michigan/Mott Children’s Hospital. Dr. Gonik received the Teaching Award at the DMC and has been recognized in HOUR Magazine as a TOP DOC in his subspecialty several years in a row.
Dr. Gonik enjoys taking care of all children with ENT issues, but his clinical focus is on Aerodigestive concerns. He built and directed the Aerodigestive Clinic at Children’s Hospital of Michigan to help coordinate and simplify children’s care with breathing difficulties, swallowing, speaking, and nutritional issues. Dr. Gonik collaborates with partners from gastroenterology, pulmonology, nutrition, and speech pathology. He believes that working with other specialists leads to better care for the individual patient. Dr. Gonik advocates holistic medicine and looks at lifestyle, diet, and nutrition to improve care outcomes. In his free time, he enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO)
- Society of Ear Nose and Throat Advances in Children (SENTAC)
- Pediatric Aerodigestive Society