Specialty: Family Medicine
"My goal as a primary care physician is to empower patients and their families by giving them the tools they need to achieve their best health."
- Medical School: Medical University of the Americas, Nevis, West Indies
- Residency: (Family Medicine), Michigan State University, Detroit Medical Center - Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, Ml
Medical Specialties: Preventative Health; Care for Chronic Conditions, Including Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Asthma, and COPD; Women’s Health
Associations: American Association of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Medical Association (AMA), Michigan Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP), American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA)
DMC Hospital Affiliation: DMC Sinai Grace Hospital
Philosophy Of Care
Dr. Rajni Parmar’s approach to caring for patients starts with taking the time to listen to them. She understands that medicine is not one size fits all. With this in mind, a strong doctor-patient partnership allows her to create a uniquely tailored plan for each individual patient. She believes this approach ensures the best chance of success in reaching their health goals. Dr. Parmar has a special interest in preventive medicine and women’s health.
Dr. Parmar is originally from Canada. After graduating from the Medical University of the Americas in Nevis, West Indies, she moved to Detroit, Michigan to continue her medical education. During her Family Medicine residency training at DMC Sinai Grace, Dr. Parmar had such a great experience working with the Detroit community that she decided to make Detroit her home. When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Parmar enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends. She also speaks multiple languages, including Punjabi and Hindi.
- Annual Checkups and Physical Exams
- Care for Chronic Conditions, such as Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Asthma, and COPD
- Geriatric Services for age-related issues
- Immunizations and Preventative Care, including Pneumonia, Shingles, Flu and Tetanus Vaccines
- Lab Tests, such as Urinalysis and Flu Tests
- Office based procedures including Laceration Repairs, Skin Excisions and Biopsies, Joint Injections
- Pediatric and Adolescent Services including Well Child/Newborn Exams and Sick Visits
- School, Sports and Camp Physicals
- Skin Care for Acne, Eczema, Warts and other skin problems
- Urgent Care for sudden illnesses, such as Colds, Flu and Infections
- Women’s Health Services, including Gynecologic Exams, Pap Smears, Birth Control (including IUDs and Nexplanon), and Menopause and Osteoporosis Treatments
- Young Adult Health Services, including Birth Control, STD Screenings and Vaccinations