- Undergraduate: Schoolcraft College, Livonia, MI
- Bachelor of Science: (Biology) University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI
- Master of Science: (Physician Assistant) University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship: (Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine) Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE:
Sam Ellis believes in giving every patient the individual quality of care and time required to achieve the best medical outcome possible. His goal is to help patients reach their fullest potential by removing limitations and making any activity accessible.
Sam moved to Detroit form England in 2010, where he played soccer at Schoolcraft College before focusing on his Physician Assistant career path. He transferred to the University of Detroit Mercy, where he completed a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, followed by completing the physician assistant program. Upon graduating in 2017, he began an Orthopedic & Sports Medicine PA Fellowship at Detroit Medical Center. He gained vast experience, skill, and knowledge while working in various Orthopedic subspecialties with DMC orthopedic physicians.
As a part of the DMC family working with Dr. Christopher Cooke, he strives to educate and help
patients understand their condition, treatment options, and care plan.
- Performs comprehensive and problem focused histories and physical examinations
- Management of adult and pediatric sports injuries and fracture care
- Ultrasound-guided cortisone injections
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Knee and shoulder osteoarthritis management
- Detroit City FC and high school football medical coverage
DMC Hospital Affiliation: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital