“I am dedicated to providing thorough and compassionate care to all of my patients. I believe that people deserve to be treated by a physician who cares as much about their health and recovery as they do. I love to see my patients recover well and return to the activities that they enjoy.”
- Fellowship: American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Medical School: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- Internship & Residency: (General Surgery) St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights, MI
- Breast Surgical Procedures including Breast Biopsies, Lumpectomy, and Mastectomy as well as Lymph Node Biopsy.
- General Surgical Procedures including Cholecystectomy; Hernia Repair; Colectomy; Appendectomy; Small Bowel Surgeries; removal of Skin Lesions and Cancers; Hemorrhoidectomy.
- Endoscopy Procedures including Colonoscopy and EGD.
About The Provider
Philosophy of Care
As a General Surgeon specializing in breast surgical procedures, Dr. Stephanie Cole is dedicated to creating a multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with breast cancer throughout the duration of their treatment extending into survivorship. She is an active member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons and enjoys keeping up to date on the newest developments in breast cancer care. Dr. Cole feels that it’s essential to provide exemplary care of both benign and malignant disease.
Dr. Cole grew up in Lake Orion, Michigan and attended the University of Michigan for her undergraduate degree in Biology before obtaining a Master’s degree in Biomedical Science from Barry University in Miami, Florida. She graduated medical school from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. Dr. Cole returned to southeast Michigan for her residency in general surgery. She previously served as the Vice Chair of Surgery at ProMedica Bay Park Hospital in Oregon, Ohio, and on the Breast Tumor Board/Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic at Mercy St. Charles Hospital in Oregon. Dr. Cole is married with two beautiful children. When she is not seeing patients, Dr. Cole loves the outdoors and spending time with her large extended family. She has always enjoyed reading, though at this stage that mainly consists of medical journals or children’s books.
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS)
- American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
DMC Hospital Affiliation
- DMC Huron Valley Sinai
Breast Surgical Procedures
- Breast Biopsies
- Lymph Node Biopsy
General Surgical Procedures
- Hernia Repair
- Small Bowel Surgeries
- Removal of Skin Lesions and Cancers