Board Certified: Foot Surgery, Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
Foot and Ankle Reconstruction, Fractures, Podiatrics (Feet), Sports Medicine, Ankle Surgery, Foot Surgery
Services & Procedures:
- Ankle Fractures
- Ankle Sprain
- Brostrom Lateral Ankle Stabilization with Arthrex Internal Brace
- Calcaneal Fracture
- Detach/Reattach Achillies
- Foot & Ankle Reconstruction
- Lisfranc Fracture
- Hat-Trick Lesser Toe Repair
- Metatarsal Fractures
- PRP Injections for Ligament Repair and Tendinopathy
- Tenex® Procedure for Chronic Tendon Disease and Plantar Fasciitis
- Toe Fractures
- Triplane Bunion Correction
Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (FACFAS); Diplomat, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery; Alumni Association of the University of Michigan
DMC Specialists in Orthopedic Surgery - Commerce Township
Education and Training
- Medical School: Kent State University Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, OH
- Residency: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Patients visit me for a myriad of foot and ankle problems.
"My area of expertise is foot and ankle surgery with an expressed interest in trauma, sports medicine and progressive foot deformities. Whether my patients suffer from a chronic condition, are dealing with a sports related injury, or have been involved in an accident, my patients expect to receive personalized care. It is my pleasure to provide exactly that."
Dr. Steven Zavinsky’s attitude towards his patients is one of mutual respect. He tries to consider all conservative measures prior to proceeding with surgery. Dr. Zavinsky likes to explain his patient’s condition with visual aids as well as show the patient results of previous procedures that he has performed, so they know what to expect for their procedure. He is very detail-oriented and stays up-to-date with current treatment options and new technology. Dr. Zavinsky also communicates with the patient’s primary care physician and updates them after each visit so they are informed of the current treatment plan.
Dr. Zavinsky grew up in Sterling Heights, Michigan. He graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology (Movement Science). His interests in Biomechanics and Sports Medicine led him to the Ohio College of Podiatic Medicine which has since merged with Kent State University. After his podiatric medical schooling, Dr. Zavinsky performed his Surgical Residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He also completed a Clinical Fellowship in Surgery at Harvard Medical School during that time. Dr. Zavinsky is a dual citizen of the United States and Canada.