- Associate of Science in Sports Medicine: Modesto Junior College, Modesto, CA
- Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences: California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, CA
- Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies: Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
- Sports Medicine
DMC Hospital Affiliation
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Philosophy of Care
Vanessa Delgado’s philosophy of care is treating the entire patient, not just their debility. She knows everyone has a different level of activity, hobbies, and life-styles and each ailment needs to be addressed individually, tailored to each person. Whether it’s a grandmother with a rotator cuff tear that wants to be able to hold her grandchild, a promising athlete that needs an ACL reconstructed, or an avid hiker who wants joint relief, Vanessa wants to be a part of their care and treatment process alongside them.
Vanessa grew up in the Central Valley in California and completed her Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences at California State University Stanislaus in Turlock followed by completing the physician assistant program at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California. After graduating, Vanessa worked for Doctors Medical Center, Emergency Department in Modesto, California providing care in a fast-paced setting. Later moving to Kaiser Permanente Orthopedic Surgery where she evaluated, diagnosed, and treated fractures, ligamentous and tendinous injuries in an office setting. She also assisted in the operating room with sterile technique, rounding hospital floors and as an on-call provider for the Emergency Department. Now, as a part of the DMC family in Michigan, she strives to educate and help patients understand their condition and their treatment options and plan. When Vanessa is not treating patients, she enjoys going out on her boat, fishing, off-roading, reading, or watching Game of Thrones.
- Performs comprehensive and problem- focused histories and physical examinations
- Diagnoses and treats illnesses and injuries
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiographic studies
- Educates and counsels patients
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Performs First Assist duties in surgery
- Coordinates continued care with the physician